More Internet Links for PSA Research
Student Found PSA Sites
If you find an appropriate and reliable website with PSA topic information, please submit it and we'll approve and post it here!
WISER- Research Process for HMS
Public Service Announcement Project
You will be researching a current topic and creating a Public Service Announcement about it. The purpose of a PSA is to raise awareness about an issue and persuade your audience to take action. You must research your topic thoughtfully and try to answer all of your questions. Most importantly, you will try to come up with a solution to your problem. Once you are ready you will create the final product - a PSA.
Calendar of Events
|Monday, April 3rd||Introduction to PSA Project|
|Tues,day, April 4th||Article work on Tuberculosis|
|Wednesday, April 5th||WISER and Essential Questions|
|Thurs-Fri, April 6th and 7th||WISE and Databases|
|Mon-Wed, April 10th - 12th||Work days with resources|
|Thursday, April 13th||
|Fri-Wed, April 14th - 19th||Work days with resources|
|Fhursday, April 20th||Quotations|
|Friday, April 21st||Pics and Music|
|Tuesday, April 25th||Adobe Spark training|
|Friday, May 4th||
The PSA Watch Party will be on Monday, May 15th. Popcorn will be provided!
Note: If you need extra time, you need to come in before school, after school, or during guided study. The library is open daily from 7:30 to 3:30. We may be open until 4:00pm but that will depend on staff and activities going on in the library.
- I can access information effectively and efficiently.
- I can distinguish between fact and opionion.
- I can use an appropriate graphic organizer to arrange and manage gathered information.
- I can understand the intended audience and the time allotted impact the product and presentation of information.
- I can cite information from a variety of sources including print and non-print sources.
- I can create a PSA using Movie Maker to culminate the project.
- I can write effectively for a vareity of audiences, purposes, and contexts.
- I can write a persuasive piece of writing.
- I can use effective research practices.
- I can express information in my own words.
- I can cite references for all information used.
Fair Use Statement
All movies should include the following statement about copyright:
This presentation contains copyrighted material used under the educational fair use exemption to U.S. Copyright law.